Sunday, Sept 21st – Intro Meeting
- Topic: Buddhist Concept of the Ten Worlds
- Learn how to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and properly use the Juzu Beads, Buddhist prayer beads.
- Q&A with our Chief Priest.
- The meeting starts at 11:15 am and concludes around 12:15 pm. Open to the public.
- We will be Live Streaming the meeting for members and guests in NC, SC, GA, FL, DE … if you’d like to join a web cast at a local member location, please call or email the Temple.
Check here for a complete list of upcoming Introduction meetings . To get announcements about upcoming meetings, SIGN UP for our email updates!
How to Become a Buddhist
New Members Pilgrimage to Head Temple
Buddhist Prayer Beads
While chanting, we use Juzu beads. Click on the photo to learn more about Nichiren Shoshu Buddhist prayer beads.
Upon receiving the Acceptance of the Precept ceremony (called Gojukai), you may get your own Juzu beads. In Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism, the prayer beads receive the “Opening of the Eyes” ceremony which is performed by the Chief Priest. If you choose to purchase beads online, verify that the prayer beads match the description of the prayer beads as described here, specifically white cords and tassels. You can request the Opening of the Eyes ceremony at the Temple. Juzu beads are also available at our Temple bookstore.