Saturday, August 9th – What is Buddhism? Intro Meeting
- Topic: What is Buddhism? A brief history
- Learn how to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and properly use the Juzu Beads, Buddhist prayer beads.
- Q&A with our Chief Priest.
- The meeting starts at 2:00 pm and concludes around 3:00 pm. Open to the public.
- We will be Live Streaming the meeting for members and guests in NC, SC, GA, FL, DE … if you’d like to join a web cast at a local member location, please call or email the Temple.
Check here for a complete list of upcoming Introduction meetings . To get announcements about upcoming meetings, SIGN UP for our email updates!
Buddhist Prayer Beads
While chanting, we use Juzu beads. Click on the photo to learn more about Nichiren Shoshu Buddhist prayer beads.
About Myosenji Temple
Myosenji Temple is one of six Nichiren Shoshu Temples in the United States. Located just outside Washington, D.C., Myosenji is the Nichiren Shoshu temple for the East Coast of the United States south of Pennsylvania. Members of this temple live in Washington, D.C., Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. To learn more about Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism, please visit our Temple. To contact us, click here.